Common Materials Carried By Landscape Suppliers
A Gold Coast landscape supplier has all of the materials and supplies that you need to create a beautiful outdoor space. If you are doing your own landscaping, they can be an invaluable resource for getting the supplies that you need. The list below highlights some of the most common materials that are carried by these suppliers.
1. Gravel. This versatile material can be used in a number of different ways around your yard and garden. For instance, you can use it to create pathways through your space or to create a neat, tidy look around your flower beds. Most suppliers carry a number of different types of gravel ranging from pea gravel to crushed granite. Although technically not gravel, pumice is another popular landscaping choice if you are going for a clean, natural look.
2. Mulch. Mulch can serve a number of different purposes in your flower beds. It does an excellent job of keeping weeds at bay, minimizing the amount of time that you have to spend weeding. It also helps hold moisture in the soil, meaning that you won't have to water your flower beds quite as often. Finally, it creates a clean, attractive look that can enhance the appearance of your home.
Many different types of organic materials can be used as mulch. For instance, for a flower bed in front of your house, you may want to use bark since its attractive appearance can help boost your home's curb appeal. In your garden, however, you may want to go with something less expensive but equally as effective such as straw.
3. Landscaping Rocks. From small stepping stones to giant flagstones or boulders, most landscaping companies carry rocks of all shapes and sizes. Flat rocks can be used to create patios or pathways. Larger rocks, on the other hand, can be used to add a decorative element to your yard or your flower beds. You can even line the edges of your driveway with large rocks to create a grand entryway to your home.
4. Railroad ties. Railroad ties can be used in your yard or garden to do everything from building raised planting beds to creating retaining walls. These large, specially treated pieces of wood do a great job of standing up to the weather and are also attractive to look at, making them a natural choice for your outdoor space.
5. Woodchips or rubber mulch for play areas. If you have a swing set or another type of play equipment in your backyard, it is a good idea to cover the ground around the equipment with woodchips or with rubber mulch. This helps provide a cushioned surface for kids if they happen to fall, minimizing the risk of serious injuries occurring.
6. Concrete blocks and pavers. From a landscaping perspective, concrete is one of the most useful materials available. From flat pavers that can be used to create patios to large concrete blocks that can be used for building decks, landscape suppliers have everything you need.
Finding the right materials for your outdoor space is easy when you visit a local landscape supply company.